A Foundation for our Future
We have started Phase 4 construction. We are open during all phases.
10.14.17: Ford Family Foundation awards $400,000. We have many to thank.
7.18.17: McConnell Foundation Donates $200,000: Read More.
Installation of an on-site solar array
A 5,700 square foot addition
New locker rooms and new aerobics room
Professional convening space
Expansion of current cardio area and weight room
Thank you to those who donate on Giving Tuesday.
Our Community Spoke.
In 2013 and 2015, the Siskiyou Family YMCA conducted a community needs assessment to learn how we can improve our services. Member surveys indicated a significant interest in expanding our facilities, for growth, at the Y. From Solar Power, to improved locker rooms and conference space, this Capital Campaign will help the Siskiyou Family YMCA take the next step forward in our service to the community. Please join us as we expand our facility, for the future of our kids, our families and those who need us most.
We are going solar.
Installation of an on-site solar array will offer the Siskiyou Family YMCA significant long term savings. With this investment, the Siskiyou YMCA will operate more efficiently, allowing for increased funds to go towards programs and services that will benefit members and the community.
New locker rooms.
The new 5,700 square foot wing will feature brand new, state of the art locker rooms. Our new locker rooms will feature areas for changing that are private and separate from bathroom and shower space, this way members of all ages will feel like the Y is a home away from home.
A new aerobics room.
- The new 5,700 square foot wing will also feature a brand new aerobics room. This new space will support fitness and program offerings while creating more space in our current weight room areas.
Additional convening space.
When the the new locker rooms are complete, our current locker rooms will be transformed into a conference room that can accommodate meetings and gatherings. Many outside groups use our Y as a convening area each year. From CPR/First Aid classes to birthday parties, to local committee planning meetings, our Y is a central gathering point in the community.
A Little More About Us.
- In 2015, we served more than 4,400 people in Siskiyou County through membership & programs. Our YMCA currently serves over 1,700 members.
- No one is turned away for inability to pay. In 2015, we provided $35,058 in financial assistance to over 1,500 children, youth and families through our financial assistance program.
- Active older adults are one of the most consistent segments of our membership. We have 134 members over 60.
- In 2015, our Y provided over $10,000 worth of space and programming at no charge for outside groups to support the services they offer in the community.
- Our YMCAboard of directors and volunteers provide over 700 hours of service each year, to support the work of the YMCA.
- Programs like the Teen Leadership Council and Camp Lead develop young leaders who ignite change in our community. Our youth programs, and the leaders they create, provide another pillar of support in our community.